10.14.2011

Back In Pink {San Antonio Wedding Planner}


NFL players accessorized in pink?
Yes!
Why?
Because we are in the season of pink!

Everywhere I turn there are new products available in the official breast cancer awareness color. I love seeing people wear shirts, shoes, jewelry...anything that represents the men and women who have fought for their lives against this terrible disease.

The color pink gives awareness to many but will mean even more to the mother of my boyfriend, Thomas Brady. A year ago almost to the day, Mrs. Brady received the news that she was diagnosed with breast cancer and needed to start treatment as soon as possible. This meant she would not be able to teach to her second grade class that year. The news hit hard to for entire family as I saw my boyfriend and his fourteen-year-old brother handle it both in their own ways that broke my heart. For the first time in our relationship, I saw Thomas open up and shed tears as he was scared for his mother's life and for his brother who poured his emotions into papers he wrote for class. Months of chemo took its toll but I could only see a beautiful strong lady who was determined to conquer the battle. Today, she is cancer-free and has started teaching her kids again. This month helps to remind everyone of the strong courageous women-and men-who fight with this cancer and the ones that the terrible disease took away from us. I thank all of you for the strength that you guys have!

For the month of October, in a small effort to support the cause, Country Sugar Events will be donating 10% of all proceeds to Susan G. Komen for the cure.

Remember-Sport the color pink...it's for a wonderful cause!

With Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment