12.15.2010

san antonio: saved by style {san antonio wedding coordinator}

I absolutely LOVE San Antonio! I love that we are still one of the largest cities in the US, but we seem to move at a tad slower pace.  I love the culture of the city, the people, and the history.

I also love some of our new additions to the city: The Shops at La Cantera, Bella Bridesmaid, and now Erin Busbee of Busbee StyleErin Busbee is the founder of Busbee Style, a consulting company specializing in fashion styling, personal shopping and closet organization.    Busbee learned the biz while working as a reporter/producer for WCBS TV in New York City.  For years, she covered fashion and beauty trends, interviewed countless stylish celebrities and collaborated closely with top magazine editors.  Now, she brings her experience, expert eye and passion for fashion to San Antonio! 


I recently got the chance to sit down with Erin and ask her some questions I had lingering.  Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy these words from San Antonio's premier stylist!


Erin, how did you get started in the Fashion Industry?
I got into the fashion biz by way of TV news. It’s probably not your typical road to fashion, but looking back my background prepared me perfectly for the company I have today.

To make a very long story short, I have always been passionate about fashion, but it wasn’t until I was working at WCBS in New York that I realized I could combine my love for fashion with work. As a segment producer & reporter, I regularly interviewed designers and innovators in beauty and fashion. I featured the latest and greatest clothing and accessories in my TV segments. I covered fashion weeks, line launches and trends. I worked closely with top magazine editors of some of the most prestigious fashion publications. These experiences, along with my media consulting business gave me the concrete tools and confidence to start Busbee Style.

What would you say is the hottest "night out" trend right now?

Sequins, sequins and more sequins! And, I love a pair of platform pumps.

I have a party tonight and I have my standard LBD...I can make one quick stop on my way out for an accessory. What should I get?!

Provided you are already wearing an amazing pair of pumps or ankle boots, I would grab a statement necklace. It’s the fastest and easiest way to make your LBD your own.

South Texas brides are really falling in love with the vintage look. What are some ways that the San Antonio bride can convey the "vintage-feel" through her fashion choices?

The easiest way is to pick accessories that are vintage looking or actually vintage. I think the bride can also select a dress that is timeless. A timeless dress will definitely have more of a vintage feel. (A good benchmark for timeless – could your daughter wear the dress in 25 years?)

Question from a bride: "Hi Erin! My mom is very traditional and my attire leans more towards the current trends. Looking for a wedding dress has been a constant battle! I want to choose my dress, but I still want to respect my mom...especially since she and my dad are paying for the wedding. Any advice?"

Well, my initial reaction is… you are the bride and you pick the dress! Period. But, unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way, particularly if your mom is footing the bill. Here’s my suggestion, maybe you can select a silhouette that is timeless or favors your mom’s more traditional sensibility, but has some trendy details. For example, my wedding dress was a classic silk, sheath dress reminiscent of the 1920’s, but it also had some interesting rosettes along the dress that were trendy a few years ago.

Another idea---negotiate. If you get to pick your dress, maybe mom’s suggestions can carry more weight in another area like the venue or band selection, for example.

So what different types of services do you offer the bride-to-be?

Well for starters I can save the bride from sticky situations like the one mentioned above by mediating between the bride and opinionated family members. Consider me your golden ticket to a drama-free, wonderful bridal dress shopping experience!

A bride can also have peace of mind and added confidence knowing that she’s shopping with someone who is up to date on trends, knows what silhouettes and colors are most flattering, and is a stellar negotiator! I’m a firm believer in getting a deal and a wedding dress is no exception.

Additionally I can help a bride select the perfect complementary, bridesmaid dresses. And, let’s not forget moms. I can steer the bride’s mother and/or mother-in-law in the right direction.

I can set up appointments at numerous bridal boutiques in San Antonio and Dallas through my contacts. And, for the bride with a big budget, I can schedule a bridal boutique shopping week-end in New York City! Having lived there for about a decade and shopped for my own dress in NYC, I know where to go. I’ll take the discerning, fashionista bride to all the top wedding spots in the big apple.

Thank you Erin!

For more information about Erin's services or to follow her blog and receive valuable fashion advice, please visit:

BusbeeStyle.com

Busbee Style Blog

Erin's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment