2.03.2011

inside the mind of a bride {san antonio wedding planner}

This blog is the first of a series where we take a peek into the mind of a bride in the final weeks before her wedding.  One of my precious brides, and a fellow planner, Chelsea, has been sweet enough to take on the task of divulging her every honest thought. You may remember her from her gorgeous engagement sesh by (PA)PHOTO. Let's all take a moment to check in on Miss Chelsea...

Where, oh where, do I start? I mean there’s the caterer, photographer, florist, DJ, venue, bridesmaid dresses, alterations, marriage license, decorations, rentals. AH!

Oh right, I know where to start…with what got me here in the first place. My story crammed into a really tiny autobiography. My name is Chelsea and I am engaged to my high school sweetheart of five years and four months to be exact. We are getting married in exactly two months. To be exact. I mention him first and foremost because I think it’s important to recognize the real reason why (if you are engaged) you are planning a wedding in the first place… to join together as husband and wife and start your new life together! It’s hard to keep that in perspective sometimes when you are faced with so many decisions about the actual wedding day and all of the tiny details that go into it. Just remember through all of the planning that your wedding day will be one of the biggest days of your life and keep in mind that it’s supposed to be a celebration, not a stressor!

Anyway, on to what you actually came here for. My experience planning our wedding has been actually fairly smooth, but pretty hilarious. I started out as this control freak who wouldn’t give over any tasks AT ALL to anyone… I just couldn’t bear to think someone might not do it right. That includes my sweet, sweet Andy. He tried, oh, he tried. But I just HAD to supervise everything he did. How terrible! It’s funny now because my conversations with most of my vendors are like, “Yeaaaaah that sounds good…. You do whatever you think is best. I trust you, sounds great, have fun, see you April 2nd”! And I spend the majority of my day now making crafts and going to Hobby Lobby to see if the wedding aisle is half off. No? Okay, I’ll be back next week. I don’t know what reminded me of Hobby Lobby… but please, if you take anything away from this blog, please let your fiancé/family/friends help you! There’s no reason to stress out over the silliest things, just go get married!

This is where I casually state that Brandi is really awesome.

I also would like to say how great I think it is that no matter how early you start your planning process, there are still so many details that come up and bite you in the butt. “So I actually have to go apply to get married”? “Wait... So I need to hire cops to come chaperon my wedding? I mean yes, my family can be a little nuts, but”…. “Silverware costs HOW MUCH”?! “Oh my goodness I still need a rehearsal dinner location”. Oh not to mention, I’m one of those brides that buys a wedding dress and later changes her mind. If you’re in the market… see the blog post on 11-22-10. Cool, Chelsea, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment