7.02.2012

the styled shoot experience {diaz & diaz do happy hour singles!}


All the Single Ladies, all the single ladies….and Gentlemen!

Most of the time people are complaining about being the only single one in the group but this is not one of those times!  This is the time to make all your “couple friends” jealous of the fabulous time you are having doing what you want, when you want.  You are on the scene, looking good, and having the time of your life.  It is time to capture the glory days and show everyone how happy you are in our “Happy Hour Singles” shoot.  Let your hair down, have fun and celebrate you being you!

Country Sugar and Diaz & Diaz Photography will be hosting Happy Hour Singles on Thursday July 19 from 4-8pm at Esquire Tavern on the Riverwalk.

Now it is time to make all your friends jealous of your amazing photographer. We interviewed Ginger from Diaz & Diaz Photography and you are in good hands!  You are going to be so impressed with yourself and her pictures but don’t take my word for it.  Here’s what she had to say…


NH:  Why do you love wedding photography so much?
GD:  I'm pretty people-obsessed; I love the interactions, the connections, and seeing everyone that made an effort to be there for that day.  They are from all walks of the couples' lives up until that point both together and separate.  I remember looking out at the crowd at my own wedding and just welling with pride at all the different parts of my life represented there; many strangers to each other but all celebrating and supporting our new joined life. I think about that when we are the ones shooting the wedding, and how it's all about the people, not the stuff. The details, dress and dinner are all fabulous, but the huge amount of love in that one room is what it's all about.

NH:  Don’t you just love this answer!!!!! If everyone was this passionate about something, the world would be a better place!

NH:  If you could only carry one picture with you for the rest of your life, what would it be and who is it by?
GD:  A picture I took of my parents on their 43rd wedding anniversary. My mom put her wedding dress back on to surprise my dad. Besides being impressed she can still FIT in it, I'm just proud of them for all they've weathered together.

NH:  Pretty impressive- I am not sure which part impresses me more, fitting into the wedding dress or 43 years!!!  It makes me want to get mine out and see if it still fits from a meager one and a half years-ha!

NH:  How would you describe your style?
GD:  We are telling someone's story, and we are looking for the authentic emotional moments that do that, and have fun with it too.

NH: So I would say….Emotionally touching, moving, and sweet with a little bit of AWESOME thrown in.

NH:  What tips or advice would you give people or couples before their photo shoot to help them relax?
GD:  To trust us!  As someone who hates being in front of the camera, I totally understand the awkwardness you're feeling, and I won't leave you hanging (or make you look bad!)... I try to give a lot of feedback while we're shooting to get the best representation of the people in front of me, your best "you" but still real.

NH:  This is so true, I have seen them work and they definitely put their subjects at ease.  You need that feedback to feel relaxed and comfortable and it makes it sooo much easier on you!


NH:   When are you most creative?
GD:  When I have my camera in my hands, and a fading sun.

NH:  If you were a color, what would you be and why?
GD:  I am obsessed with white, it helps everything else pop. I like to do the same.

NH:  This is hands down my favorite answer.  When you think about it, it is so cool and if you have a great photographer, this is exactly what they will/should do!

NH:  What is the most unique photo request you have ever received?
GD:  Recently had the opportunity to shoot my first cinemagraph for a local fashion designer, that was a first but hopefully not the last!

So come solo or bring your friends, we don’t care who you bring as long as you are ready to drink some delicious cocktails and take some great pictures!

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks Natalie for the kind words! Love working with y'all :-)

    ReplyDelete