11.08.2011

dessert diaries {san antonio dessert table designer}

photo via katesfrosting.com
Everyone knows that the popularity of cupcakes has seen a major surge in the past 5 years. It used to be that if you wanted cupcakes you either made them at home or went to a bakery or cake shop and ordered them. Now you have a surplus of small bakeries, corporate chains, and even food trucks that serve up the sweet treat. I LOVE me a good cupcake, so you can say I've tried quite a few. For a delish cupcake here in San Antonio, I truly have not found anything better than Kate's Frosting.

photo via katesfrosting.com

One standard for dessert tables is usually the cupcake. No matter how elegant, trendy, or kitschy the dessert table design is, the cupcake reigns supreme for the majority of my clients. Now the flavor...that's a whole different ball game, which is why I adore Kate's Frosting. Their menu is quite expansive and utterly creative! With flavor names like Ruby Slipper, Teacher's Pet, The Dutchess, El Rey Feo and Es-pres-yo-self, even ordering those little buggers is fun. My fave concoction courtesy of Kate is "By the Sea Salted," chocolate cake filled with caramel cream, topped with chocolate buttercream, caramel drizzle, and a light sprinkle of sea salt. Ugh...what time do they open? I'm getting hungry!

*our dessert table diaries are not paid advertisements, they are merely little places we love and want to share with you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring us!!! I'm going to share it with all my facebook and twitter followers!- Kate's Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this article!! Hands down my favorite place. Now she has the sandwich shop, I grab an egg salad sandwich and a cupcake and my day is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Natalie...the little shop next door is also delish! And Kate...you are so welcome...how could I not? :)

    ReplyDelete