2.28.2011

inside the mind of a bride: part deux {san antonio wedding coordinator}

This blog is the second of a series where we take a peek into the mind of a bride in the final weeks before her wedding. You can read the first post of the series here. One of my super-adorable brides, and a fellow planner, Chelsea, has been sweet enough to continue the task of divulging her every honest thought. She is now only one month until her wedding!!!



Hi! I’m starting this blog off a little bit different than the last… with a glass of Procrastination. You might think that’s a metaphor, but really I’m drinking a glass of Procrastination Sauvignon Blanc. There are 33 days left until my wedding and lets just say I’m a little more frazzled than last post, and I am increasingly in need of chocolate.

The wedding nightmares are also starting to kick in, but don’t feel sorry for me… I think it’s a little hilarious. As a matter of fact, I was flipping through the pages of a wedding magazine the other day and came across an article titled “Analyze This: What Your Wedding Dreams are Telling You.” How fitting right? Well I keep having the same reoccurring dream that all of the most important elements to my wedding are missing the day of the wedding. The photographer doesn’t show up, the wedding planner doesn’t show up (she won’t really do that), and I’m running late. I end up going down the aisle with no make up on. So then I decide to see what the ol’ Brides magazine has to say about the dream….“If the musicians don’t show up, for example, and music is a major source of happiness for you, the dream may be trying to tell you that your hectic schedule has cost you some joy.”

DUH! Well at least I wasn’t dreaming I was naked at the altar because I didn’t like the analysis for that one. If you are having those dreams, though, have a glass of Procrastination and some chocolate cake. Take it from me- it works.

Although the wedding details seem overwhelming, I really can’t express to you how excited I am to be going on my honeymoon. Seven days. Jamaica. Grand Cayman. Mexico. Sun. No stress. My sweet soon-to-be sunburned husband. Soon-to-be husband AND soon-to-be sunburned. I really think a honeymoon is so important, and I thank God that we have the ability to go on a vacation after all of the wedding planning and number crunching.

So if you are feeling frazzled, maybe my routines can help you out a little. Have some wine, eat some chocolate, and think wonderful thoughts of how tan you will be after your honeymoon. Better, right?



photo by (PA)Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment